What kept me from walking in my God given purpose? The biggest hindrance in my life was me. I spent many years trying to fill a void in my life. I nursed it with temporary fixes, but without a purpose, I lacked. My health suffered, my marriage suffered. I was unhappy and unfulfilled. When I hit rock bottom I decided between suicide or giving my life to God. This was where Kim Davis for the One was shaped and structured from my personal journey of finding and walking in my own purpose. It was a process. It took time for Him to grow me from fear and insecurity to virtuous and confident.
Today I’m living my dream:
- I have a great relationship with God getting guidance & love from Him daily
- My marriage is restored and renewed
- I get paid to do what I love for a living: Supporting others to walk in their God given purpose
- I own a successful location independent business so I can work when & where I want
- I travel often
- I have a network of supportive women who help and encourage me in my journey
- I’m in the best health of my life
- I’m in the process of homeschooling my 4 year daughter so if she wants to “go to work” with mommy she can
- I volunteer & give back to different ministries and charities
Today I’m so far removed from where I was to where I am now. It’s hard for me to put a finger on what I did to to change my life and walk in my God give purpose. However it’s these 4 things show up often as I walk in my God given purpose. When I fall these 4 things help me get back up again.
- Make a decision: decide how you are going to live your life and stick to it even when times are hard. I can decide to be pitiful or powerful but I can’t be both. I choose to be powerful often in spite of my pitiful feelings.
- Get with God: for a myriad of reasons- He is your strength, protection, joy, guidance. I sing songs of praise to God, pray to Him or read His word for the answers I seek or the support and comfort I need.
- Take ownership of what God has given you (gifts, talents, possessions). When you do this you start to align yourself with the purpose He’s created you for. I love to teach but for years I ran from my natural gift and title: Teacher. Once I began to own it I was able to see more of my God given purpose.
- Be grateful. To me gratitude is more than just a fuzzy feeling in your chest and saying thank you. It’s cherishing the gift that was given. It’s taking care of it and using it to it’s highest potential for your advantage. In doing this you not only reap the benefit but it honors the one who gave it to you. I take the gift of forgiveness Christ gave me. I use it to my advantage by not allowing my past sin to condemn me and because of this I can live a life of freedom and happiness. Christ gets the glory because it proves there is power in His word.
Earlier this year, I got the awesome chance to be interviewed by one of my mentors, Rosetta Thurman. In this interview I bring additional insight to this topic.
Be Blessed, Be Encouraged
For The One